1. Set a goal to find at least 2 new customers every campaign.
2. Use the “Power of 3” – Make 3 new contacts every day - and get your 3 contacts to share the book with 3 of their contacts.
3. Find similar products from competing companies and share the price difference with your contacts.
4. Increase the number of brochures ordered by 10 every campaign and make sure you give them out.
5. Leave a brochure at 1 new business every campaign (people love to see an AVON brochure in their lunch hours).
6. Start a jewellery club – Especially for those who never buy make-up (then start putting make-up and skin samples with their orders).
7. Wear an AVON branded pin or T-Shirt and umberella – It’s a free advertisement to those who don’t know you are an AVON Representative.
8. Choose one product each campaign as a "campaign special" – Hand out the information and samples about that product to every contact and offer a discount just for that campaign.
9. Have a positive attitude – It sells.
10. Show pages from newspapers and glossy magazines that feature news about AVON products.
11. Spray a ball of cotton wool with fragrances and place in the brochure bag - the smell will last and will be gorgeous when they open the bag.
12. Find helpers in businesses, churches, schools, etc. and reward them for taking orders for you.
13. Remember that “NO COLD CALLING” signs usually does not mean the AVON lady - so give everybody a chance!
14. Leave a basket of demonstration products in a business and pick them up the next day with orders too!!!
15. Stress the Avon unconditional guarantee.
16. Remind customers that they pay when its delivered – they normally buy more that way.
17. Take advantage of Money Makers on perfumes then ask business owners if you can leave a full bottle on their counter. Offer a special price to their customers who would like to purchase the bottle and reward the business owner.
18. Advertise a “NEW CUSTOMER SALE” – Choose 2 or 3 products each campaign and offer a special discount to the “FIRST-TIME” customers.
19. Have an “OLD-TIMERS” special – Offer a special discount, a free product or a free trial size to any regular customer who gets you a new customer.
20. Have a special raffle drawing for any customer who has a minimum £20.00 order.
21. Have a “BUNNY SALE” for Easter – Offer 5% off every product that starts with the letter “B”.
22. Place business cards on every available notice board/shop window. Leave them on restaurant tables, in public loos (tape them on the back of the door)
23. Start a Perfume Club – After 10 purchases, the 11th Perfume is 50% off.
24. Fill little baskets with samples and leave them in businesses with brochures.
25. Provide a business card holder and cards to any business owner who will allow you to place it on the counter.
26. Offer free gift wrapping for gentlemen customers.
27. Offer to keep records of birthdays and anniversaries so you can remind customers to buy their loves ones a gift in time.
28. Talk to every customer about fundraising.
29. Leave fragrance samples in beauty shops, hair samples in hairdressers etc. Offer 1 free product to the owner for each 10 sold.
30. Have an AVON party!!! Offer an Avon gift certificate to the hostess.
31. Wear different Avon fragrances – when people ask which fragrance you are wearing – offer them a brochure, a business card and a sample. Get their contact info as well!
32. Take the Skin-So-Soft Dry Oil Body Spray Original samples to any place where people or animals may be subject to midges.
33. Put a sign in your car window and/or your garden or window that you sell AVON.
34. Advertise in local groups on Facebook – especially sale groups for the areas you can get to.
35. If you want bigger sales, talk to your upline sales leader – they are already doing it.
36. Have a car boot sale – set out samples, brochures, and extra products.
37. Give each customer an extra brochure and order forms and ask them to give them to family and friends.
38. Give a brochure and sample to every person you meet.
39. Put books in care homes.
40. Send letters to employers and managers of local businesses offering special holiday services.
41. Have an open house of AVON products during holiday seasons and offer free gift wrapping.
42. Offer an “AVON PARTY” at businesses during lunch hours.
43. Always carry a demo basket with you when delivering your AVON – Your customers will have friends visiting too.
44. Carry a “BARGAIN BASKET” – Purchase inexpensive products from outlet flyers and sell these to people who do not want to place an order. Also a good way to sell used “demos” or unwanted products that may accumulate.
45. Keep extra products on hand for people who may need a gift to give on the spur of the moment. AVON Bargain Bags make excellent gifts on the spur of the moment.
46. Know your products!!!! Make brand comparisons and provide copies for your customers.
47. Advertise your POB (Personal Online Brochure) on Facebook.
48. Recanvass your Territory - people may have moved into the area so try all the houses again.
49. Ask passersby if they see an AVON brochure - if they don't let them see yours!
50. Open your AVON brochure when in queues - its amazing how many people will ask you where you get your AVON from!